NightScapes: Chasing the Light across the night sky. Exploring the techniques of capturing one of Natures most exciting photographic opportunities. We'll look at still photography, deepsky photography, and time lapse photography. We'll talk about navigating across the Constellations to identify what we discover. We will keep it as simple as possible and try to have some fun along the way as we explore techniques and contraptions, capturing and processing, posting and sharing, and maybe throw in a workshop or two. Join me as I set sail across the ocean of the sky...it's gonna be fun!

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sail Away


There are times when I am standing in the middle of a field on a clear moonless night I can almost imagine what it must have been like to sail across the ocean under a sky unencumbered by light pollution. Indeed, I have sailed a number of times several miles off shore many years ago on a clear evening when I was stationed in Oregon during my stint in the U.S. Coast Guard. It was amazing to see the stars above and feel the sea rolling beneath my stance. The emotions lifted me above the moment to where I felt suspended between the earth and the sky. It was as though I was about to sail away toward adventures yet discovered. Here is a video I originally made about a year ago, but revamped recently along that theme I believe you may enjoy. Music is 'Orinoco Flow' by Enya.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment